Monday, June 15, 2009

June news


Well it's been a while since Accordion World has been updated... sorry to my many readers.

What began with great expectations has diminished to a guttering flame near extinction.

My long awaited purchase from Bulgaria has either been lost at sea or from the begining I was duped. Interpol is investigating the situation and I hope to gain satisfaction eventually. But for now, my interest in the PA has dwindled.

Instead, I have redoubled my efforts on the l'accordéon diatonique, système si/do - aka - l'accordeon Irlandais - a propos de l'Irish Button Box.

What I have come to appreciate is, that is is very difficult to attain a high level on both instruments -- the time required to practice and increase in ability on one instrument makes it very difficult to do the likewise on the other instrument.

Specifically -- I have made strides in my l'accordéon diatonique abilities in the past couple months - but have not been able to give time to the piano accordion my friend has so graceously given me the use of.

So... for now, I believe I will continue to do that which is of my first love, playing la'musique d'Irlandais because I have invested so much time to gather the abilities I currently have.

I realize that it would be very difficult to transfer the skills I have gained on the l'accordéon diatonique over to the piano accordion. Someday I would like to try to learn and play the PA but now is not the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment